Labels

Sunday 21 June 2020

A time to reflect

We are now in the second week of the easing of the lock down measures in England. Many non essential shops have reopened, and the traffic levels have returned to normal levels – unfortunately. It has been announced over the weekend, that pubs will reopen on the 4th July, or at least those with beer gardens, where social distancing can be observed. I will admit that the lock down was tough, especially when we were restricted to one hours exercise and essential shopping trips, but there were also positive things that happened and I would like to reflect on those.
My partner was able to tidy his back garden, and create a vegetable patch. The garden is looking great now with vegetable almost ready to eat, and flowers in full bloom. During the lock down I rediscovered small independent grocery stores, which were a handy source for toilet rolls, and plants. The whole experience of using these stores was one of the things I hope to continue to do. I ventured out late at night on a few occasions for short walks, it was an eerie, yet peaceful time walking in complete silence, with no traffic in the background.
I am a little saddened by the passing of a brief moment in history, when we were all “in this together.” We had the opportunity to change our lives for the better, but few of us took that opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment