Labels

Thursday 29 April 2021

Swings and Roundabouts

Many pubs reopened on the 12th April, but because of the hours that I work in the care home, I was  unable to visit any pubs until my day off later in the week. My partner and I took a bus to Cirencester, but most of the pubs were still closed, opting to reopen in May. A week or so later, we decided to bicycle to The Mill Inn at Withington, which was as delightful as it was last year, though they don't have real ale at the moment. Their Covid-19 procedures were uncomplicated and easily adhered to – if only this were the case with some other venues.

I had to travel to Gloucester this week, to receive the second part of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine – I even got a little sticker to prove it! I have had varying thoughts about the constant Covid testing at work, and the vaccine itself, but I will confine those thoughts to another place. Thankfully the care home in which I work, is slowly recovering from the devastating effects of an outbreak of Covid, I really feel for the residents and their families.

Whilst waiting to receive the vaccination, I took a little trip around central Gloucester to photograph some of the pubs. The Nelson Inn was a traditional pub in Southgate Street, with a beautifully tiled facade, it closed last year and is now being converted to flats. It is yet another pub that I never went in to. Further on up Southgate Street is the Tall Ship, which has a To Let sign at the moment. It is a former Wadworth pub. I hope someone takes it over in the near future.

The Nelson Inn, April 2021




The Tall Ship, August 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment