Labels

Monday 11 January 2021

Face to face with Covid-19

 It has been a while since my last blog entry, there has been a lot of changes behinds the scenes – it has been a bit of a roller-coaster. In November I began working in a care home, not as a carer. They had managed to avoid the Corona virus right up until December, then it arrived with a vengeance. Many of my thoughts about the pandemic, have changed because I now have personal experience of working amongst those who have suffered with the virus, and those who are fighting to keep it at bay. I have complete admiration, for those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty, for the people in their care.


So now we are in Lock down number 3, if the last two didn't have a devastating effect on the hospitality industry, this latest lock down certainly will. I dread to think how many of our pubs will have been lost forever, when this has finally been brought under control. To be honest, I have not given much thought to the pleasures of visiting a favourite pub, I don't think I will be contributing to my blog as often as I have done, but I will try. I long for the days of fine weather, and travels to our favourite places.


Best wishes everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment