Labels

Thursday 21 May 2020

"Vintage" Photos

One of the activities my partner PJ and I have been doing during the lock down, is developing old camera films, dating from 1999-2001. Most of the photos were taken with a Minolta point and shoot, some were taken with a manual SLR. When the images were developed we discovered some hidden gems, unfortunately (or not) the film was so old, the images had to be developed in black and white. The last time I took some old films to be developed, the quality of the colour was terrible.
I have always enjoyed bus journeys to interesting places, sometimes I would seek out a Youth Hostel or B&B, so I would have more time to explore these locations. The following images, are from a trip to Salisbury back in 1999 or 2000. If I find any more vintage photos, I will try to publish them.

Avon Brewery Inn
75 Castle Street


A traditional looking 19th c pub, that was never a brewery despite the name!

Haunch of Venison
1 Minster Street


A well known Salisbury pub, 
with a classic interior. 
I went in the pub, many years later 
with PJ and his brother.

The Red Lion Hotel
4 Milford Street


An old coaching Inn, dating from the 13th c.
I did photograph the exterior of the hotel, 
but the quality of the photo was poor.

Duchess of Albany
3 Ox Row


This pub was previously known as 
The Elephant & Castle. 
It closed in 1973.




No comments:

Post a Comment